Gujarat Science City
Gujarat, on the western coast of India, is one of the most prosperous and progressive Indian states. It came into existence in 1960 when it was separated from the State of Bombay. It is spread over an area of 1,96,024 square kms and has a population of 64 million.
The Government of Gujarat has established the Gujarat Council of Science City, a registered society, to achieve the Gujarat Science City mandate. The Government is already in possession of 107 hectares of land.
Popularization of science to create scientific temper in the community is a priority in the emerging environment of knowledge-driven economic growth.
Gujarat Science City is a bold initiative of the Government of Gujarat to realize this priority. The Government is creating a sprawling center at Ahmedabad which aims to provide a perfect blend of education and entertainment. It will showcase contemporary and imaginative exhibits, minds on experiences, working models, virtual reality, activity corners, labs and live demonstrations to provide an understanding of science and technology to the common man.
- • To nurture and stimulate the scientific faculties of community and develop rational thinking and scientific temper.
- • To promote innovative and experimental activities through minds-on exposures and hands-on learning process.
- • To promote and exhibit interaction of science, technology, energy and environment with human life.
- • To showcase the latest scientific and technological breakthroughs
- • To establish a countrywide network with Shared programs in association with various Institutions and organizations.
To be a world class Science Promotion and Popularization Platform with education through entertainment.
To be a vibrant and imaginatively designed facility, where visitor discovers the wonders of science and have access to the most exciting and contemporary forms of entertainment in a relaxed atmosphere at an affordable price.